Equine Rehabilitation, Re-training, Relocation
There are times, for one reason or another, that horses can no longer serve in the roles they were in:
- The horse might have health issues that need to be addressed
- Facilities might be inadequate
- The role the horse filled might become obsolete
We help these horses. Please help us by making a tax deductible donation. See below for more information.
What We Do
- If the horse was not healthy, we provide medical care and therapy for the horse and work to restore the horse to health.
- We provide remedial grooming, if that was an issue.
- We give proper care and feed for the horse.
Sometimes the horse's previous training doesn't apply to any new role he might fill.
We retrain the horse and give it a new role in the lives of people.
Horses need purpose, too.
We find the horse a new life. This may be as a trail horse with a new family, or as a companion animal. Serving as one of our lesson horses is also a possibility. We strive to find a good match for horses and humans, and will take the horse back for more care and retraining should it not be a good fit.
Bear had a former life as a police horse
Currently, all of our lesson horses came to us through our equine rehabilitation program.
Some of our Costs
Please donate to support the rehabilitation and care of these horses
(Rockin L&D Ranch Equine Education Services, Tax ID # 27-0177669)