Equine Rehabilitation, Re-training, Relocation
There are times, for one reason or another, that horses can no longer serve in the roles they were in:
- The horse might have health issues that need to be addressed
- Facilities might be inadequate
- The role the horse filled might become obsolete
We help these horses. Please help us by making a tax deductible donation. See below for more information.
What We Do
- If the horse was not healthy, we provide medical care and therapy for the horse and work to restore the horse to health.
- We provide remedial grooming, if that was an issue.
- We give proper care and feed for the horse.
Sometimes the horse's previous training doesn't apply to any new role he might fill.
We retrain the horse and give it a new role in the lives of people.
Horses need purpose, too.
We find the horse a new life. This may be as a trail horse with a new family, or as a companion animal. Serving as one of our lesson horses is also a possibility. We strive to find a good match for horses and humans, and will take the horse back for more care and retraining should it not be a good fit.
Bear had a former life as a police horse
Currently, all of our lesson horses came to us through our equine rehabilitation program.
Some of our Costs
Please make a tax-deductible donation to support the rehabilitation and care of these horses
(Rockin L&D Ranch Equine Education Services, 501-3c Tax ID # 27-0177669)